Large painting projects are never easy, but these days, airless paint sprayers are getting better all the time, making painting a house a breeze.
What was once a tedious and messy week-long project, can now be accomplished in a couple of days , and by a single person using the right sprayer for the task at hand.
Below is our selection of airless paint sprayers that we believe are suitable for every painting task and application under the sun, so if you have a painting project coming up, big or small, be sure to pick the right sprayer for your needs from this list.
Wagner 0529010 (Good for Indoors/Outdoors)
- X-Boost fine adjustment makes it possible to achieve professional results when applying stains, sealers, latex coatings, urethanes, and un-thinned oil-based coatings.
- Innovative Lock-n-Go spray gun design allows for quick switching of nozzles, coatings, and colors.
- Available spray patterns include variable width circular, horizontal, and vertical bands- all with minimal overspray.
- Maximum flow rate is as much as 8 gallons per hour.
- Sprayer comes with two nozzles and two cups.
- The 1½-quart cup can cover an area of up to 125 sq/ft- depending on nozzle settings and the coating being applied.
- Sprayer also comes with a sturdy storage/carry case, and a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
The Wagner Flexio 590 hand-held paint sprayer may not be up to the task of painting a whole house, but it is perfect for almost any other application, both indoors and out.
The 9-speed turbine is the most powerful in its class, which coupled with a wide range of control settings and two spray nozzles, will give you quick, professional results every time.
One major advantage this sprayer has over competing models is the fact that it can spray un-thinned residential coatings, including oil-based paints, by virtue of the fully adjustable turbine air pump that is three times as powerful as any comparable model.
In addition, the included Detail Finish spray nozzle is perfect for fine finishing and small projects, which obviates the need to use brushes in confined spaces.
Graco Magnum 262800 X5
- Included SG 2 spray gun comes with a ComfortGrip handle, full trigger, and built-in filter.
- Pump directly from 1-, or 5 gallon containers.
- Powerful ½ hp motors can run off household current or a minimum 1 500 Watt generator.
- Maximum allowable tip size is 0.15-inch.
- Maximum allowable working pressure is 3 000 PSI.
- Maximum flow rate is 0.27 gallons per minute.
- Maximum recommended usage is 125 gallons per year.
- Sprayer comes with a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is perfect for you if you live in an area where industrial and aerial pollution requires you to paint your home more than once every few years.
Although it is not designed or intended for commercial use, it is more robust than other non-commercial sprayers in the Graco range, which makes it the obvious choice if you have to paint more often.
This sprayer comes complete with one SG 2 spray gun, 25 feet of Graco DuraFlex airless paint hose, an RAC IV 515 spray tip, and an instructional DVD.
It also comes fully assembled and ready to apply stains, water-based acrylic paints, primers, and heavy latex coatings to interior and exterior walls, roofs, ceilings, fences, and decks. Note that asphalt, textured coatings, block filers, and lacquers should not be used with this model.
Clean up is a breeze with an included Powerflush adapter for connection to a garden hose to flush the pump and hoses.
Note also that the pump is filled with oil to prevent corrosion; this oil must be expelled prior to first use by flushing with water.
Graco 257025 Project Painter Plus
- Maximum allowable tip size is .015-inch.
- Maximum operating pressure is 2 8000 PSI.
- Maximum flow rate is 0.24 gallons per minute, pumped directly from 1-, or 5 gallon containers.
- 3/8 hp motor requires 15 amp household current.
- Recommended anmual usage is limited to 50 gallons.
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
With the Graco 257025 Project Painter Plus you get professional results the first time, every time.
This sprayer is designed with the needs of the home handyman in mind, so if you are planning on just painting some doors, or your entire home, including your deck and fences, this is the sprayer for you.
It comes complete and ready to start work, and includes a SG2 metal spray gun, 515 RAC IV spray tip, and tip protector, 25 feet of hose to make it easy to reach ceilings, a user manual and an instructional DVD.
Cleanup is made easy with the included Powerflush adapter; simply connect the sprayer to a garden hose to flush out the pump and hoses.
This sprayer can be used to apply stains, water-based acrylic coatings, heavy primers, and latex. It is not suitable for asphalt, lacquers, block fillers, and textured coatings.
Note that the pump is filled with oil to protect against corrosion during storage; remove this oil before first use by flushing the sprayer with water until all oil is expelled.
Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy
- Maximum flow rate is 0.31 gallons per minute, pumped directly from 1-, or 5 gallon containers.
- Maximum operating pressure is 3 000 PSI.
- Maximum allowable tip size is 0.17-inch.
- Powerful 5/8 hp motor runs off household current, or a minimum 1 500 Watt generator.
- Maximum allowable hose length is 100 feet.
- Maximum recommended usage is 125 gallons per year.
- Sprayer comes with a limited 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
The Graco Magnum 262805 X7 HiBoy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer is designed specifically for remodelling contractors, or serious handymen and DIY’ers who have occasional painting projects that smaller and less robust models in the Graco range of paint sprayers cannot cope with.
The sprayer comes fully assembled on a wheeled cart, and ready work. It comes with an SG 2 metal spray gun with a built-in filter and RAC IV spray tip, 25 feet of Graco DuraFlex airless paint hose, and an instructional DVD.
The high working pressure and larger spraying tip than those found on smaller models make it easy to apply water-based acrylic paints, primers, stains, and even heavy latex coatings to roofs, ceilings, interior and exterior walls, fences, decks, and siding.
Note that asphalt, textured coatings, lacquers, and block fillers should not be used with this model.
Clean up is via the included Powerflush adapter for connection to a garden hose. Note that the protective oil in the pump must be expelled prior to first use by flushing with water.
Graco Magnum 261820 ProX9
- Sprayer comes with a SG3 metal spray gun fitted with a RAC IV 515 spray tip, full trigger, hose-swivel, and 50 feet of DuraFlex Airless paint hose.
- Sprayer can deliver a flow rate of 0.38 gallons per minute directly from either 1 or 5 gallon containers.
- Maximum operating pressure is limited to 3 000 PSI.
- Maximum allowable tip size is 0.019- inch.
- 7/8 HP DC motor requires a 15-amp household power outlet, or a minimum 1 500 W generator
- Maximum allowable hose length is 150 ft.
- The pump is protected by a built-in filter to eliminate blockages.
- Sprayer can apply most stains, acrylics, latex, and water based coatings, but NOT lacquer, asphalt, textured coatings, and block-fillers.
The Graco Magnum 261820 ProX9 paint sprayer is designed with the needs of remodelling contractors, property maintenance personnel, small painting contractors, or even general contractors in mind. Recommended usage is up to 500 gallons per year, which should be enough to satisfy the needs of contractors engaged in light commercial work.
This sprayer comes complete with everything required to start work, whether it be spraying un-thinned paints and coatings, primer, or paints and stains for decking, fences, interior and exterior walls, roofs, or metal constructions.
The 261820 ProX9 comes mounted on a handy cart for ease of movement, and a QuickAccess inlet valve/filter that reduces downtime to a minimum, and removing debris and foreign objects in paints a breeze. Boasting a high-power, 7/8 HP positive displacement piston pump that delivers a flow rate of 0.38 gallons per minute and a high-precision spray tip, this sprayer is designed to deliver professional results every time.
Be aware though that the Graco Magnum 261820 ProX9 sprayer comes with 8 ounces of protective oil in the pump to prevent corrosion during storage.
This fluid needs to be purged before first use by connecting the sprayer to a garden hose, and operating it until all the oil is expelled from the system.
Cleaning after use is by means of a supplied connection to a garden hose. Operate the sprayer until all paint is expelled.
Enjoy learning about the best airless paint sprayers?
If so, please make sure to share this article on social media and leave your comments down below!
Thank you for reading!